Web Links & Other Resources
Wish to link with my site? In order for you to add URL to our links page your link must be about writing. It must be about writing , writing resources, or even writing services. Don’t send link requests for hotels, drugs, jobs, dating, etc., as it wastes your time and mine.
- Amazon Author Profile
- Check out my Smashwords.com Profile.
- The Book Patch (Print on Demand Books I’ve Written)
- Me on Twitter
- My YouTube Channel
- Links to My Research Books on Amazon.com:
- A Dictionary of Scripture Proper Names
- Amazing Story Generator
- Bullies, Bastards And Bitches: How To Write The Bad Guys Of Fiction
- Dialogue: Techniques and Exercises for Crafting Effective Dialogue (Write Great Fiction Series)
- Dinner with a Perfect Stranger: An Invitation Worth Considering
- Errors in English and Ways to Correct Them
- Escape from Church, Inc.
- Murder and Mayhem: A Doctor Answers Medical and Forensic Questions for Mystery Writers
- Plot & Structure: Techniques and Exercises for Crafting a Plot That Grips Readers from Start to Finish
- Register Your Book: The Essential Guide to ISBNs, Barcodes, Copyright, and LCCNs
- Self-Editing for Fiction Writers, Second Edition: How to Edit Yourself Into Print
- Stein On Writing: A Master Editor of Some of the Most Successful Writers of Our Century Shares His Craft Techniques and Strategies
- The Bedford Handbook 5th Edition
- The Breakout Novelist: How to Craft Novels That Stand Out and Sell Paperback
- The Dream Giver
- The Emotion Thesaurus: A Writer's Guide to Character Expression
- The Minister as Shepherd: The Privileges and Responsibilities of Pastoral Leadership
- The Negative Trait Thesaurus: A Writer's Guide to Character Flaws
- The Welcoming Door
- The Writer's Book of Wisdom: 101 Rules for Mastering Your Craft
- The Wrong Word Dictionary: 2,500 Most Commonly Confused Words
- Writer's Guide to Character Traits
- 80 Common Layout Errors to Flag When Proofreading Book Interiors
- 1000 Character Reactions from Head to Toe
- 1000 Strong Verbs for Fiction Writers
Web linking is one of the most misunderstood and most abused parts of a web site SEO strategy. Anyone who has ever put a web site online has had the link artists sending them emails. Many emails about the need to add a web link to their latest web site or SPAM promotion. A web link between your website and mine only works when there is something familiar with the two websites.
Adding a dozen links to Turkish hotels wouldn’t help as they would be ignored by the search engines. “Turkish hotels” and this web site have nothing in common so there would be no value to a link between the two. There are exceptions though. If I had written about “Turkish hotels” then it would be acceptable to link to the web site.
Weblinks are easy to get but some folks never get one because of the way they ask for them. I dare say some people demand a web link from your site. Others keep sending you reminders (2,3,4, and even 5 of them) about the need for you to link to their website. Their email mentions they have already added a web link to your site so now they fully expect one from you in return. Have you ever checked these people out? Try it sometime when you get an email telling you they have already put up a web link to your site. Many times you will find no reciprocal link to your web site. Nor are there links to any other web site. Without a page of web links, then why go out of your way to give out any web links to them?